Friday 7 June 2013

Force feed.

I am the kind of friend that can be compared to a mother bird.  There.  I said it.

I demand a lot of time.  I don't mind if you are in your pajamas, doing a grocery run or redoing a child's room.  I will happily pick up a paintbrush.  I don't always have a sense or appreciation for the time of day. There is a good chance that I will wake up and think - I should have coffee with a friend.  And I will send messages to invite said friends.  At 7am.

Sometimes I get the idea that I am force-feeding the friendship.  I have no issues with asking if I am getting in the way.  I expect my friends to be honest enough to tell me to back-off.

I suppose little birds do get sick when they get fed too many proverbial worms.  But isn't that what friends are for?  To clean up when our friends aren't well?



No comments:

Post a Comment