- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spay two 23cm round cake pans or one 23x33cm rectangular baking pan with spray & cook.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence and beat with an electric mixer for about two minutes.
- Add the boiling water or coffee and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- To test if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick into the middle of the pan. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Use a knife around the edge of each cake to loosen it from the pan, turn the pan over onto a metal rack to cool.