Friday 23 August 2013

Read




A dear dear friend recently surprised me with a couple of books.  Now, getting any mail that doesn't require fetching your chequebook is already a bonus.  Getting a piece of escape pie in the post is an absolute treat.  

One of the books included in my lucky packet was "Great with Child : letters to a young mother" by Beth Ann Fennelly.  Not only is the cover beautiful (packaging always gets me), but these letters felt so personal.  It is as if they were written for me.  The emotion is so real and honest.  And, somehow the telling of simple daily happenings feels like advice from a friend or a mother.  Someone you can trust. 

I cannot wait for the next friend to find out that they are with blessed bump.  As this book will be my go-to gift from now on.  

1 comment:

  1. I love that you love the book my friend. Cannot wait to see you! x o x o

    ReplyDelete