- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 cups of vegetables, chopped (I used broccoli, beetroot and carrots)
- 7 cups of water (or enough to cover the vegetables)
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs
- half a cup of cream (optional but recommended)
- salt & pepper to taste
Brown the onions in a large bot. Add the vegetables and brown. Add water, stock cubes, herbs, salt & pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer until everything is soft - usually about 30minutes.
Blend (add the cream at this stage) & enjoy.